SHARE THIS BLOG

Thursday, March 29, 2012

I STARTED MY 1ST PHYSICAL THERAPY TODAY...THANK YOU MY ANGELS!!



First I just wanted to thank all the Angels that helped me today.  As soon as Brent at Select Physical Therapy at 24 Hour Fitness called me on Monday to schedule my appointments for this Wednesday and Friday.  I found out that Missy had her schedule for working and John has been taking so many days off from work, taking me to the hospital, doctor appointments and now therapy, he couldn't take off. 
Knowing this, I still scheduled my appointment knowing the Good Lord would send me an Angel to help.  I called my dear friend Mary from my church, hoping she would be able to take me.  I know that she and most of the people I know have cars and either couldn't fit or lift my wheelchair.  It is quite heavy, so I asked  Brent if he had a wheelchair there that I could use.  He said yes, just call him that morning I was coming and he would take it out of his storage room.  This made me getting an Angel to take me a little easier. Mary couldn't take me since she already had plans, but call one of our Pastor's, Roy Farmer, he works helping the sick or injured, from Northwest Bible Church. Roy calls me the next morning telling me that he found someone to help, and he would have her call me.  Well, she did, her name is Pat.   Pat was WONDER WOMAN. BLESS HER  HEART!!  She wheeled me to her van. put the wheelchair back into my house, drove me there, went and got the wheelchair from 24 Hour Fitness, stayed  and waited for me to finish, helped me to the locker room so I can change out of my wet clothes, brought me to her van, brought back the wheelchair,  drove me home, got my wheelchair, and got me into my house.....WOW.  WHAT AN ANGEL.

You know I  was really nervous about starting therapy, not knowing what to expect.  Well, I first got to tell you the first thing I got so excited about.......I got into the front set of Pat's van.  I have not rode in the front seat of any vehicle since October.....this is a BIG DEAL TO ME!   You have no idea how happy this made me.  Now we arrived there and I started my first day of physical therapy today. I used the lift chair to get me into the pool and then Brent told me to try to walk in the pool as much as I could.  I was able  to walk  the pool back and forth about 5 times.  If hurt when I put weight on it, but I know I have no choice but to try to do as much as I could.  When it came to do exercises in  the  water, I was okay as  long as I could use me left leg.  When we were to switch legs and exercise the left leg,  standing on the right.  I couldn't do it.  It just hurt too bad and felt like it was going to pop.  Brent said to just exercise the right leg, pushing against the water and standing on the left leg.  While in the water, there were other patients there.  These lady's were also my Angels.  Who was talking to me to give me confidants while another walked with me to make sure I was safe. 

When ready to go home, there was other Angels that helped get me over the bump in the doorways and an Angel that helped push me up the LONG ramp outside.  Yes, I was really blessed with these helping Angels and of course Mary, Roy and Pat.  May God Bless You All.

No comments:

Post a Comment