SHARE THIS BLOG

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

WEDNESDAY 9/4/13 - Joyce Meyer: Promises for Your Everyday Life -a Daily Devotional - Pray Persistently

WEDNESDAY 9/4/13 - Joyce Meyer: Promises for Your Everyday Life -a Daily Devotional - Pray Persistently


James 4:2

2 You want what you don’t have, so you scheme and kill to get it. You are jealous of what others have, but you can’t get it, so you fight and wage war to take it away from them. Yet you don’t have what you want because you don’t ask God for it.

Pray Persistently

About twenty years ago, this next sentence changed my life: "You do not have because you do not ask God." This short verse opened a door for me to discover the life-changing power of persistent prayer.

At that time in my life, I was stressed out about a lot of different things. I was trying to make my ministry grow, trying to make my husband do this or that, trying to make my kids act a certain way, trying to make other people do the things I wanted, trying to basically do absolutely everything on my own. As you can probably guess, it wasn't working!

As a burned-out, frustrated young Christian, I realized one day that living in my own strength was useless. I needed to take my problems to God. In other words, I needed to pray more!

When we understand God's love for us and His plan for us, then we can begin to realize the doors that He wants to open for us. But we'll only realize these things when we're constantly talking with Him, listening to His voice, and growing deeper in our relationship with Him.

In Matthew 7:7 (AMP), Jesus tells us, "Keep on asking and it will be given you; keep on seeking and you will find; keep on knocking [reverently] and [the door] will be opened to you."

So many times, when we reach the end of our rope, we turn to prayer, but when our prayers are not instantly answered, we give up. Today, I want to encourage you to not only pray, but to pray persistently. Don't stress out trying to make things happen on your own. Give it all to God as you pray.

Remember, He promises that when we seek Him, we will find Him. Let's pray and seek Him with all our hearts.

Prayer Starter: God, remind me to bring my problems to You. I'm tired of living in my own strength. I need Your guidance and Your direction. As I seek You daily, I will put my trust in You.



JOYCE MYER CONFERENCES: http://www.joycemeyer.org/Events.aspx

JOYCE MYER HOME PAGEhttp://www.joycemeyer.org/home.aspx


If you just started reading the Bible and have not yet asked Jesus into your heart to become your Lord and Savior, all you have to do is:

A - ADMIT YOU ARE A SINNER

Roman 3:23 For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God's glorious standard.

Acts 3:19 Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord


1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.



B - BELIEVE THAT JESUS IS GOD'S SON AND EXCEPT GOD'S GIFT OF FORGIVENESS FROM SIN


Acts 16:31 They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household"

    Acts 4:12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.
    John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life, No one comes to the Father except through me."
    Ephesians 2:8-9 ....8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God- 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

    C - CONFESS YOUR FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST AS SAVIOR AND LORD
    Roman 10:9-10, 13 .....9 If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart the God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 13 for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

      If your are ready to ask Jesus into your heart to be your Lord and Savior, you can pray a simple prayer like this to God.


        Dear God,

        I know I have sinned and my sin separates me from You. I am sorry for my sin. I believe Jesus died on the cross for me so my sin can be forgiven. I believe Jesus rose from the dead and is alive. God please forgive me. I ask Jesus to come into my life and be my Savior and Lord. I will obey You and live for You the rest of my life, Thank You in Jesus' name I Pray.  Amen

    No comments:

    Post a Comment