SHARE THIS BLOG

Monday, September 23, 2013

MONDAY 9/23/13 - Joyce Meyer: Promises for Your Everyday Life - a Daily Devotional - Know God's Character

MONDAY 9/23/13 - Joyce Meyer: Promises for Your Everyday Life - a Daily Devotional - Know God's Character

Psalms 34:8

8 Taste and see that the Lord is good.
Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in him!

Know God's Character

It's important that we know God's character. Why? It gives us discernment. If we don't know the character of God, how can we ever know who is from God and who is not from God? Here are three character traits of God that help me stay in tune with who He is and what He is doing:

1. Justice: God is a God of justice. That word justice is so awesome because it means that He will always make anything that's wrong right. This helps me to not worry when I am mistreated because I know God will bring justice. It's who He is.

2. Goodness: God is good, this fact never changes. And He's good all the time, not just once in a while or when things go your way. Psalm 34:8 says, "Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him" (NIV). When things are bad, I find great encouragement in God's goodness.

3. Holiness: God is holy and righteous, and He desires to make us holy, pure and clean, free from the defilements of sin. To be honest, it has helped me in my walk with God to realize that whatever He does is right, whether I like it or not. This helps me to stay in sync with Him.

These three traits are not the only characteristics of God, but they are some of the most significant and powerful ones to me.

I encourage you to spend some time looking up these traits, and other traits of God that are important to you. When you study who He is, the Holy Spirit will help you incorporate His traits into your own personality. Begin to practice them in your daily life, and see what God does... You won't be disappointed.

Prayer Starter: God, You are wonderful. Your justice, goodness, holiness, and countless other traits amaze me and remind me of how great You are. Continue to remind me of Your character so I can become more like You.

JOYCE MYER CONFERENCES: http://www.joycemeyer.org/Events.aspx

JOYCE MYER HOME PAGEhttp://www.joycemeyer.org/home.aspx


If you just started reading the Bible and have not yet asked Jesus into your heart to become your Lord and Savior, all you have to do is:

A - ADMIT YOU ARE A SINNER

Roman 3:23 For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God's glorious standard.

Acts 3:19 Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord


1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.



B - BELIEVE THAT JESUS IS GOD'S SON AND EXCEPT GOD'S GIFT OF FORGIVENESS FROM SIN


Acts 16:31 They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household"

    Acts 4:12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.
    John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life, No one comes to the Father except through me."
    Ephesians 2:8-9 ....8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God- 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

    C - CONFESS YOUR FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST AS SAVIOR AND LORD
    Roman 10:9-10, 13 .....9 If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart the God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 13 for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

      If your are ready to ask Jesus into your heart to be your Lord and Savior, you can pray a simple prayer like this to God.


        Dear God,

        I know I have sinned and my sin separates me from You. I am sorry for my sin. I believe Jesus died on the cross for me so my sin can be forgiven. I believe Jesus rose from the dead and is alive. God please forgive me. I ask Jesus to come into my life and be my Savior and Lord. I will obey You and live for You the rest of my life, Thank You in Jesus' name I Pray.  Amen

    No comments:

    Post a Comment