SHARE THIS BLOG

Monday, December 3, 2012

MY 4th SURGERY IS COMING UP!

 Well, you might have guessed it or heard by now that I am going in for my forth surgery.  I'm getting a total knee replacement since this one is just not working right.



I didn't mention it right away since I was waiting for approval from workers comp and also needed to get all the medical papers in order. Since now I have a third doctor at Texas Orthopedic Hospital. Dr Elkousy did the first surgery and seen I needed a Halo on my leg.  That's when Dr Brinker put the Halo on which was the second surgery and three months later did the third surgery to remove it.

When I seen Dr Elkousy, on my last check up, he seen I wasn't improving and even had gottten worse.  That's when he call Dr Matthews in to get a second opinion   They both agreed that knee replacement would be the next best route for me to take.





I've been back on pain medicine for the past few weeks. The leg is even more stiff now and bends less than before.   Dr Matthews said that is because arthritis had set in.  I've been getting pain also on the inside and across the front of the knee.  Not to mention down the leg, around the right side of my calf.  Now this could be a torn calf muscle or just a strain since I don't walk right.

With all this going on, my left leg now has been acting up.  I've been getting pain in it and the knee is starting to pop.  This could be because of it doing most of the work.  Hopefully after the knee replacement and in time, I'll be putting equal weight and work on the right knee, hopefully my left one will go back to normal.

Well anyway, I will be going into the hospital for my forth surgery this Thursday, December 6th.  I would appreciate you all keeping me in your prayers.  I know I'll me fine...GOD IS GOOD...PRAISE THE LORD!!!!  I would not have been able to do any of this without Him.  He has given me strength and good spirits through all of this.  For a person that was always on the go, to this "Weeble Wobble Crip" that still has a sense of humor....GOD IS AWESOME!

Oh, I know "Crip" may not be politically correct,  but I'm the "Crip" so I can say that...LOL .  I was never politically correct anyway!

I just want to say thanks to all my DEAR FRIENDS & ANGELS.  God has Blessed me with you all too!

No comments:

Post a Comment