SHARE THIS BLOG

Friday, January 20, 2012

THE PLUS IN WEIGHT WATCHERS PLUS!

I'm a woman in her 50's plus.  Like most woman my age we start to put on the pounds.  I also like most woman, I have tried about every diet on the market.  They seem to work at first and then just stop.  This makes me discouraged and of course quit.  I hate to say it, but when we stop, we go back to eating.  Now that we were dieting and depriving ourselves of the food we love, we now indulge.
Well I was at my breaking point, I started the Atkins Diet.  The pounds started to come off.  In 9 months I've lost 70 pounds.  Yes! Yes! I did it and I kept it off for about a year.  The problem with Atkins is when you are on it, you are on it for life.  Hey, life is a long time of never indulging in your favorite foods.  There are only so many parties, vacations and just going out to eat before you start to say.....I'll eat that today and be good 
tomorrow.  Stop! You are fooling yourself.  If you are like me, the pounds start to go right back on.  Now you hate it and hate yourself because you put back the 70 pounds you lost and 50 more pounds as well. 
One day was talking about my diets to daughter-in-law.  I asked her what she was doing since she looked great!  She told me that she was on Weight Watchers Plus and had lost 20 pounds.  She explained about the points you count.  What foods you can eat as much as you want to and also the foods you can eat, just the portion size per person.  What caught my eye was that she was eating real food. We were in a restaurant, and she ate what I did.  Here in Texas, we get Texas size portions.  All you have to do is cut your meal in half and you have lunch for the next day.  You can eat as much vegetables and fruit you want as long as they are not smothered in sauce, butter, cheese or dressings.
Now Weight Watchers Plus lets you shed the pounds anywhere between 2-4 pounds a week.  I have been on Weight Watchers Plus for 4 months now and had lost 27 pounds.  Whats great about it is that you eat everything and you're not depriving yourself of the foods you love.  Weight Watchers Plus is a plus in my book.


CHECK OUT WEIGHT WATCHERS RECIPE OF THE DAY,
 ONLY 4 PLUS POINTS

GLAZED PEAR MUFFINS
SEE THIS AND ALL WEIGHT WATCHERS RECIPIES AT

1 comment: