SHARE THIS BLOG

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

BIBLE READING 31 Days to Wisdom Challenge in October...YOUR BIBLE READING FOR TODAY TUESDAY 10/1/13 - PROVERBS 1, PLUS TEACHINGS FROM JOYCE MEYER

We finished 260 Live!  Wisdom. God has it - I need it and He's so willing to share it. Taking the 31 Days to Wisdom Challenge in October. Proverbs, 31 chapters-31 days! U in?

JOYCE MEYER - Wholly Following God – Pt 2



Proverbs 1 NLT


The Purpose of Proverbs

1 These are the proverbs of Solomon, David’s son, king of Israel.
2 Their purpose is to teach people wisdom and discipline,
to help them understand the insights of the wise.
3 Their purpose is to teach people to live disciplined and successful lives,
to help them do what is right, just, and fair.
4 These proverbs will give insight to the simple,
knowledge and discernment to the young.
5 Let the wise listen to these proverbs and become even wiser.
Let those with understanding receive guidance

6 by exploring the meaning in these proverbs and parables,
the words of the wise and their riddles.
7 Fear of the Lord is the foundation of true knowledge,
but fools despise wisdom and discipline.

A Father’s Exhortation: Acquire Wisdom

8 My child, listen when your father corrects you.
Don’t neglect your mother’s instruction.
9 What you learn from them will crown you with grace
and be a chain of honor around your neck.
10 My child, if sinners entice you,
turn your back on them!
11 They may say, “Come and join us.
Let’s hide and kill someone!
Just for fun, let’s ambush the innocent!
12 Let’s swallow them alive, like the grave;
let’s swallow them whole, like those who go down to the pit of death.
13 Think of the great things we’ll get!
We’ll fill our houses with all the stuff we take.
14 Come, throw in your lot with us;
we’ll all share the loot.”
15 My child, don’t go along with them!
Stay far away from their paths.
16 They rush to commit evil deeds.
They hurry to commit murder.
17 If a bird sees a trap being set,
it knows to stay away.
18 But these people set an ambush for themselves;
they are trying to get themselves killed.
19 Such is the fate of all who are greedy for money;
it robs them of life.

Wisdom Shouts in the Streets

20 Wisdom shouts in the streets.
She cries out in the public square.
21 She calls to the crowds along the main street,
to those gathered in front of the city gate:
22 “How long, you simpletons,
will you insist on being simpleminded?
How long will you mockers relish your mocking?
How long will you fools hate knowledge?
23 Come and listen to my counsel.
I’ll share my heart with you
and make you wise.
24 “I called you so often, but you wouldn’t come.
I reached out to you, but you paid no attention.
25 You ignored my advice
and rejected the correction I offered.
26 So I will laugh when you are in trouble!
I will mock you when disaster overtakes you—
27 when calamity overtakes you like a storm,
when disaster engulfs you like a cyclone,
and anguish and distress overwhelm you.
28 “When they cry for help, I will not answer.
Though they anxiously search for me, they will not find me.
29 For they hated knowledge
and chose not to fear the Lord.
30 They rejected my advice
and paid no attention when I corrected them.
31 Therefore, they must eat the bitter fruit of living their own way,
choking on their own schemes.
32 For simpletons turn away from me—to death.
Fools are destroyed by their own complacency.
33 But all who listen to me will live in peace,
untroubled by fear of harm.”



If you just started reading the Bible and have not yet asked Jesus into your heart to become your Lord and Savior, all you have to do is:



A - ADMIT YOU ARE A SINNER

Roman 3:23 For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God's glorious standard.






Acts 3:19 Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

B - BELIEVE THAT JESUS IS GOD'S SON AND EXCEPT GOD'S GIFT OF FORGIVENESS FROM SIN



Acts 16:31 They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household"


Acts 4:12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.


John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life, No one comes to the Father except through me."



Ephesians 2:8-9 ....8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God- 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

C - CONFESS YOUR FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST AS SAVIOR AND LORD
    Roman 10:9-10, 13 9 
    If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart the God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 13 for, "Everyone who calls on the name of t Lord will be saved

    If your are ready to ask Jesus into your heart to be your Lord and Savior, you can pray a simple prayer like this to God.


    Dear God, 
    know I have sinned and my sin separates me from You. I am sorry for my sin. I believe Jesus died on the cross for me so my sin can be forgiven. I believe Jesus rose from the dead and is alive. God please forgive me. I ask Jesus to come into my life and be my Savior and Lord. I will obey You and live for You the rest of my life, Thank You in Jesus' name I Pray.
    Amen






    GOD BLESS OUR NATION

    Join this site under FOLLOWERS

    No comments:

    Post a Comment