SHARE THIS BLOG

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

GIVE THANKS TO THE LORD ON THIS THANKSGIVING DAY & ALL YEAR THROUGH





Heavenly Father, on Thanksgiving Day 
We bow our heads and open our hearts to You and pray. 
We give You thanks for all You've done 
Especially for the gift of Jesus, Your Son. 
For beauty in all your creations, Your glory we see 
For joy and health, our friends and family, 
For daily provision, Your mercy and care 
These are the blessings You graciously share. 
So today we offer this response of praise 
With a promise to follow You all of our days.




A Thanksgiving Day Prayer

Lord, so often times, as any other day
When we sit down to our meal and pray

We hurry along and make fast the blessing
Thanks, amen, and run off doing something


We are always to busy and not taking the time
Thank you Lord, for forgiving me and making you mine

We're slaves to what we have to do
We must rush our prayer before the food gets cold

But Lord, I'd like to take a few minute more
To really give thanks to what I'm thankful for

For my family, my health, a nice soft bed
My friends, my freedom, a roof over my head

I'm thankful right now to be surrounded by those
Whose lives touch me more than they'll ever possibly know

Thankful Lord, that You've blessed me beyond measure
Thankful that in my heart lives life's greatest treasure

That You, dear Jesus, reside in that place
And I'm ever so grateful for Your unending grace

So please, heavenly Father, bless this food You've provided
And bless each and every person You invited

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment